CBSE or Samacheer syllabus

My son adithya is now studying in 7th standard. Upto 6th he studied in TN matriculation syllabus, but this year, we joined him in CBSE school. He is very much inactive in his studies and the portions are also very tough.
Whether i can make him to study in CBSE school itself or i can change him to TN Matric school from next year.

Hi litty, since it is only an year give him some time to adjust to the CBSE way of teaching. and main thing is even though we say kids to study we have to really spend as much as time with them for preparing - if possible get a xerox of what has been thought or lessons , go thru it during the day, u might have to teach him again in a way he understands. As a parents you would know what works for them , some kids rely more on watching Videos of certain facts, in that they can catch things faster, so you can google such things and find as much information. I know it is too much hard work, but it is what it is !!!!!

sumathisrini

Silver Ruler's of Penmai
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi Litty,

For any change, there will be some teething problem. Your son only 12 yrs, he can adopt very easily to the new learning pattern.

It is your duty to create some interest to him in his studies. You have to work for him and work with him for some months and then definitely he will pick-up. Don't discourage him at any point of time. Make visit to schools and discuss with class teacher /concerned subject teachers and get their feed back about your son. From their feed back, you can inculcate the needy changes in your son's studies.

Don't tell him that CBSE syllabus is hard compared to Matriculation. Students studying in CBSE pattern are grasping things quickly, having more knowledge, able to tackle issues independently, taking right decisions etc.

Here, i would like to tell that my son was studied from 1st to 5th Std, in Matriculation only, i had changed to CBSE from 6th. He done well and now he is studying 7th Std.

Hence, don't get confused, have hope & faith on your son, do some home work for him and success will follow you & young son.

Hi viji & sumathi, thanks for your replies dears.. ya i am also sitting and guiding when he is doing his homework. my husband also spend his time for my son. sometimes he is saying he is not like this school and friends. at sometimes he is very inactive. he is doing his work without interest.

as you said, i will visit his school and discuss with his teachers and friends. thank you

sumathisrini

Silver Ruler's of Penmai
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi viji & sumathi, thanks for your replies dears.. ya i am also sitting and guiding when he is doing his homework. my husband also spend his time for my son. sometimes he is saying he is not like this school and friends. at sometimes he is very inactive. he is doing his work without interest.

as you said, i will visit his school and discuss with his teachers and friends. thank you
You are most welcome dear. :)

mahis

Commander's of Penmai
Blogger
My son adithya is now studying in 7th standard. Upto 6th he studied in TN matriculation syllabus, but this year, we joined him in CBSE school. He is very much inactive in his studies and the portions are also very tough.
Whether i can make him to study in CBSE school itself or i can change him to TN Matric school from next year.

mm s cbse sylabus tuf nu than solvanga
but ippo marubadiyum avana mathurathu avlava nallathilliyonu thonuthu litty. yenna intha one yearla neraya visayam avanuku marirkum thirumbavum avana mathurathu will make him stun. so neenga avanoda studiesla help panratha panunga and also one more thing u will do
tuf nu nama solrathu jus nammoda thinkingum kooda konjam padikanum puriyanum avlo thannu avanta easyah kaminga
tuf than risk eduthu padi apdi ipdinu avana bayam pannama jus causualah help pannunga
en kooda oru payyan padichan litty 9th varai avan dul student thanya epdi dul na even fail ayduvan enakum munthuna set avan but 9 th la ennoda setku vanthan avanoda handwriting nalla irukum atha parthu oru sir avanuku kudutha encouragementla school first nu avana tenthla ethir pakra alavu vanthutan
jus our words than da nama kulanthaingaluku boost :)

You are always welcome pa, since u are already helping and he is sharing his feelings, you are already doing the right thing , please keep up your spirit.