Coconut milk for dry skin?

I have dry skin. I used so many creams but none of them worked for me. It was either too oily or not effective. My friend suggested me to use coconut milk. Can I use coconut milk for my dry skin? will it be effective?
Looking for your suggestions.

sumitra

Ruler's of Penmai
Blogger
Dear sulekha,

Coconut milk softens and moisturises the skin. There are definite reasons to try it in your beauty regimen. It's good for people with dry, itchy skin. What happens is, coconut milk penetrates till the deepest level of the skin and can lock in the moisture there, which is its biggest advantage. You can put it on in the morning and the skin stays fresh till the evening. It's a great cleanser too. Also, while other soaks or scrubs made of ingredients like olive oil may lead to whiteheads and block pores, coconut milk does not block skin pores. It's a good idea to use it in your bath soak, moisturizer, lip and facial care routines.

Make it yourself:
Coconut milk mask
Ingredients
:
Yoghurt - 1 cup

Almonds, crushed - 1 tbsp
Coconut milk (obtained from grounding the crux and extracting the milk from it) - ½ cup

Method:
Mix the above and apply to the face for 8 - 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.

Coconut milk body soak
Ingredients:
Coconut milk - 2 cups
Honey - 2 tbsp

Method:
Add this to a tub. Soak in it for 10 minutes. Wash off with warm water, no need to add any soap.

courtesy: articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com

jv_66

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yes....you can use cococnut milk for face.

And also you can try NIVEA moisturizer which is mentioned especially for dry skin. It works well for my husband, and he feels good by using this.

Yes, It's true. Coconut milk is great for dry flaky skin. My dadi has always been using coconut milk on her face. She is 65 but her face glows liek that of a young girl. Coconut helps in deep moisturizing of the skin, doesn't clog the pores, removes tan, lightens blemishes and keeps the skin young and glowing. And btw, that's a great face pack. Will surely try it myself.

Important Announcements!

Type in Tamil

Click here to go to Google transliteration page. Type there in Tamil and copy and paste it.