Here are some cold and cough remedies for pregnant women.
- Steam inhalation is good for easing nasal congestions. This can be done with plain hot water or by adding eucalyptus or peppermint oil to the water.
- Warm baths can soothe nasal as well as chest congestions.
- Drink hot water with lemon and honey to soothe a stuffy nose as well as a sore throat.
- Drink plenty of fluids rich in vitamin C.
- Consuming garlic and onion can shorten the duration of the cold.
- Saltwater gargling helps relieve a sore throat.
- Another remedy for a sore throat is warm milk with a pinch of turmeric powder, ground pepper, and a teaspoon of honey.
- In case you experience shortness of breath, use a humidifier in your room to increase the moisture and ease your breathing.
- Hot bag compresses are useful to ease chest and nasal congestions.