Silver Ruler's of Penmai
- Jun 28, 2011
Cracked heels are a very common problem, and are a sign of lack of attention to foot care rather than just overexposure or lack of moisturizing. Here are some home remedy to get rid of it.
- Keep your skin hydrated. Drink lots of water.
- Before going to bed wash and dry the feet. Apply olive oil or a mixture of Vaseline and lemon juice on the cracked portion of the feet.
- Using a pumice stone or foot scrubber, scrub your heels and sides of the feet.
- Wash off with lukewarm water in the morning.
- The combination of glycerin and rose water makes an effective home treatment for cracked heels. Just mix equal amounts of glycerin and rose water thoroughly and rub it on your heels and feet daily before going to bed at night.
- Another way to heel cracked heels is melting paraffin wax and mixing it with a little coconut oil and applying this mixture on your heels before going to bed.
- Consume a diet rich in calcium, iron, zinc and omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins.
- Wash it off in the morning. This will also help in reducing the pain.
- Always remember to wear shoes that you are comfortable in. Avoid wearing tight shoes or high heels if your heels are hurting.