Ruler's of Penmai
- May 24, 2010
Cucumber is a Miracle Fruit!! Apart from its delicious taste it is healthy and nutritious too. There are several varieties of cucumber which differ in shape and color. Cucumbers are primarily composed of water and contain vitamins C in the form of ascorbic acid. Cucumbers are very useful for lungs, digestive troubles, chest problems, stomach infestations and many other diseases. We can say a cucumber in a day keeps the doctor away. So get ready to know the wonders of this miracle fruit. Here is a complete list of health benefits of cool cucumber:-
- Full of Vitamins: Cucumbers contain various vitamins which you need every day. It includes Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium and Zinc.
- Skin Care: Cucumber causes the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite. Before going out, try rubbing a slice or two of cucumbers along your problem area for a few minutes.
- Healthy Meal: Cucumbers can be used for quick meals to thwart off starvation.
- Useful for Headache: Cucumber is useful to avoid a hangover or terrible headache. Eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed and headache free.
- Balanced Diet: Cucumbers contain enough sugar, vitamin B and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients which the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium.
- Mouth Freshener: Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 15-30 seconds to eliminate bad breath
- Hair Tonic: Cucumber juice mixed with spinach/carrot is helpful in promoting hair growth.
- Useful for Eyes: Lie down and put two slices of cucumber on the eyes for a good ten minutes. It will reduce the puffiness of eyes.
- Blood Pressure: Cucumber contains minerals and sodium which helps to regulate blood pressure.
- Natural Beauty: The cooling and cleansing properties of cucumber work as a best natural cosmetic for skin.