Miscarriage is the worst thing that a woman experiences on both the emotional as well as physiological level. On an average more than two percent of women in America suffer from multiple miscarriages. Almost 15 to 20 percent pregnancies end in miscarriage. It is difficult to deal with miscarriage but with a little effort you can get through this difficult time.
- Remind yourself that this is a temporary phase that will get over.
- Share your feelings with a close friend or relative. If the ‘feeling of loss’ still surrounds you then take professional help. Counselor can help you to realize and relieve the feelings related to multiple miscarriages. In addition, your counselor can also suggest some coping techniques to de-stress yourself.
- Join support group that help women to deal with miscarriages. By attending such classes you will come in contact with other people that are facing similar problem. This will help to ease off depression. Contact your doctor or nearby local hospital to find out about the support classes.
- Don’t expect your partner to react in the similar manner. He may have his own way to deal the situation. You may feel like crying and yell while your partner may prefer to be calm and strong. Both the partners must understand each other’s way of expressing their emotions and help each other to cope with the loss. Unlike men, women take longer to recover from pregnancy loss but expecting the same from your partner is completely unfair.
- Figure out what went wrong? Talk to your doctor to figure out the reason for multiple miscarriages. Coping becomes much easier ones you have figure out the cause behind miscarriage.
- Remember that if people around you are supportive and caring then coping will be much easier. So if you are going through the depressing phase of multiple miscarriages then feel free to share your feelings with the people around you. Tell them how you want to be treated. If its peace of mind that is soothing for your then spend some time alone.
- Try to get involved in the activities that you love to do. Engage yourself in your hobbies.
- You can get pregnant just after the miscarriage. But it is wise to weight for at least two month or till the time your doctor approve you to be physically fit to conceive again.