Doing Exercises after C section Delivery

Hi All,
I want to start doing yoga asanas after C Section Delivery. Completed 56 days after C section.

When can i start doing exercises.

sumitra

Ruler's of Penmai
Blogger
Hi All,
I want to start doing yoga asanas after C Section Delivery. Completed 56 days after C section.

When can i start doing exercises.
Dear BRohini, Congratulations for having delivered a baby through C Section.
I appreciate your eagerness to do yogasanas. You can contact your Yoga Master and follow his/her guidelines. Be careful and be patient. Please don't do Yoga practice without the guidance or supervision of your Yoga Master.

All the while, listen to your body; resist the urge to push yourself too much.

The key point to be noted here is maintaining consistency without trying to push yourself too much, but rather remain within tolerable limits; remember to always listen to your body.

If you experience any pain at all, stop the exercise. It may take a little while to restore those stomach muscles back to normal, so don't be too hard on yourself. You must exercise a certain amount of caution in your exercises till your stitches heal, working into your exercises gradually.

PriyagauthamH

Guru's of Penmai
Blogger
CongratsRohini....Ask your doc Rohini... C sect appuram hernias vara chance undu... so first chk with your doc re: complete wound healing b4 starting exercise.....

jv_66

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi Rohini,

For minimum period of 3 months, you please do not exert yourself, by doing any exercises.

You should not even lift any heavy things also (not even heavy cooker).

You should not bend, or sit on the floor and get up immediately.

These exertion may result in the loosening of the stitches and loosening of the muscles resulting in incisional hernia.

So, you should be very careful for the first three months of any surgery. During the next three months also, you should be little careful, and may do very very mild exersices.

PriyagauthamH

Guru's of Penmai
Blogger
Ro, actually the only weight you can carry for first six months is that of your baby... as u wouldbe aware no driving for six weeks...

Thank you for the advice, but i started sitting in the floor, bend, little house hold works, except carrying weight...
Will be careful upcoming days
Ro, actually the only weight you can carry for first six months is that of your baby... as u wouldbe aware no driving for six weeks...

Important Announcements!

Type in Tamil

Click here to go to Google transliteration page. Type there in Tamil and copy and paste it.