Don't like dark skinned men

Hi all. I have always been a reader of this forums and I finally thought of registering myself. I'm a 26 year old girl hailing from Vellore. I work in an IT company. Since I'm 26 already my parents have started looking an alliance for me. They prefer grooms only form our community. I have no issue with that but the thing is most men in our community are dark skinned which I highly dislike. I'm not really fair skinned but still I find myself attracted to only fair skinned men. I studied in VIT, vellore and even there I dated a north Indian guy who was very fair and handsome. I don't know how to explain this to my parents that I'm not attracted to most of the men from our community, I keep rejecting and they seem to be in a hurry. Please help.

Regards,
Selvi

srikumarsavi

Commander's of Penmai
Blogger
Choosing life partner by seeing colour is not fair. You need the guidance of elderly people.

Sriramajayam

Supreme Ruler's of Penmai
Blogger
Hello India Selvi Ammaiyaar,
Welcome to PENMAI.

smileys-praying-742234.gif

:welcome:

Pl wait, our friends will give suitable reply 4 u.

:thumbsup

saralajagan

Guru's of Penmai
தோழி
அழகு என்பது நாம் பார்க்கும் பார்வையில் உள்ளது.நிறத்தை வைத்து லைப் பார்ட்னர் முடிவு செய்வது சரியான விஷயம் கிடையாது.

jv_66

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Welcome to Penmai....Selvi.

No dear....this is not a fair attitude.

Only because of the dark colour , you should never miss a wonderful man. He might be a teetotaller, such a kind hearted person, such a caring husband and so on.

What is there in colour? Yes, initially, you may not be attracted during marriage. But once you get married, you will surely start loving him for all his good attitude. This happens with all the married women. This is known as the மஞ்சள் கயிறு மேஜிக் .

What will happen, if you marry a very fair & handsome guy, who might have many bad habits and might not respect your feelings, not caring about you and your parents, might be having many other affairs, and many other unnecessary things.

If he is of this type, you will be the sufferer throughout your married life. You will not have a peaceful life at all. This is the most necessary in everybody's life.

And one more thing.

Atleast, if you are very very fair and if your husband is very dark, it might look very odd for all the persons who see and they may pass few comments . When this is not the case in you, ie., you are also not very very fair ....isn't it?.......Then you need not deny the dark coloured man as your life partner.

You can even have the example of the celebrities like Latha and Rajinikanth......have you noticed their color difference? Latha might have been attracted towards the good attitude of Mr. Rajinikanth....and their life is still going very smooth. This is just an example.

Your parents will always select a very good and suitable life partner for you. You can analyze his characters, his parents' attitude (in not demanding a very huge money), his qualification, his designation in the office and others, but not deny him just because of his colour.

Please go ahead and marry the boy of your parents' choice and lead a very good and happy married life.

All the best for you. We also pray for your good married life.

10516696_354812358000811_2509302607206243621_n.jpg
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup​

Hi Selvi,
I was hesitant to respond thinking that your thoughts were shallow. But who am I to judge you, right? Everyone is entitled to their wishes and dreams, no matter how it feels for others. You are brave enough and honest enough to express something that will definitely raise a red flag :) Kudos to you for that.
I'd say the same thing that other friends have mentioned above.. Not a good idea to choose your husband on color or handsomeness. All external qualities like color, hair and handsomeness are short-lived. The color will become dark with age marks, the hair will fall off or become grey and handsome people can become not-so-handsome due to life's stress, misery or disease. Look for the internal qualities and character, those will stay as you grow old together. I tend to think every good, caring and loving human being is beautiful. God Bless!

Anbulla Perarul_Selvi,

As you have this deep in your mind that you dont want to get married to a dark skinned guy then surely wait till you get a fair skin guy.

Many may tell that skin color is nothing we have to see the heart what they say is absolutely correct but when you already have a strong feeling in your heart that you wanted a fair skin guy as partner you better inform your parents even if it takes few more months or even a year it is good that you wait till you get a fair skinned guy.

Just because of your parents pressure if you get married with a dark skinned guy surely you will not get the satisfaction in your marriage.

This is your marriage and this is your life and you have to live with your husband life long so it is better to find a guy whom you are comfortable with than to compromise in marriage from the day one itself.

But make sure that the fair skinned guy like a dark skinned girl like you.

All the best in your search

Cheers

shrimathivenkat

Yuva's of Penmai
ஹலோ செல்வி

ஒரு திருமணத்திற்கு படிப்பு, சம்பளம் உன்னை கடைசிவரை எந்த குறையும் இல்லாமல் காபற்றுவனா?இது எல்லாம்தான் பார்பாங்க.நீ சொல்லுவது போல் கலர் பார்த்தின அவன் எந்த மாதிரி இருந்தாலும் சரி சொல்லுவியா?அன்பும் அமைதியும் தான் முக்கியம்.கலர் இல்லை.

Important Announcements!

Type in Tamil

Click here to go to Google transliteration page. Type there in Tamil and copy and paste it.