Just replace some of the high calorie foods you eat with fruits, vegetables and other water dense foods that keep you just as full.
- We know it sounds too good to be true, but new research conducted at Pennsylavania State University suggests it is possible to lose weight by making small changes in your diet.
- The rationale behind eating water dense foods is that whatever you eat can go out of the system very fast. E xample an apple which has 98 per cent liquid and very few calories. A sweet of the same size will have 20 times more calories.
- People tend to eat the same amount of food each day, regardless of the calories. Adding vegetables to that pizza, lasagna or casserole will increase the food's volume and result in fewer overall calories consumed since portion sizes tend to stay the same
- Another study on obesity shows a link between lack of sleep and gaining weight skimping on sleep may make you vulnerable to obesity.
- The finding is based on data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey conducted in the US. The study discovered that people who reported getting less than seven hours of sleep a night were more likely to be obese on initial evaluation.