dry hair home remedies

is there is any home remedy that works best with dry hair. i tried applying olive oil but it is not working for me.

NivetaMohan

Guru's of Penmai
Penman of Penmai
Blogger
hai chitra,

this nivetamohan,
try sembarathi leaves, it gives good result, for me, then it is also reduce heat in the body,

Sriramajayam

Supreme Ruler's of Penmai
Blogger
Here some info:

Natural Cures for Dandruff & Scalp Build-up

If you suffer from dandruff, I read that alternating between Neutrogena T-Gel and Head & Shoulders is the best tried-and-true scaly scalp remedy, but if you hesitate to put chemicals on your head, you can try a few folk remedies that the organically-prone recommend:

1. Brush hair thoroughly before shampooing. A vigorous brushing will loosen dandruff and promote a healthy scalp. The distribution of your scalp's natural oils is also good for hair.

2. Apple cider vinegar is supposedly good for the scalp. Mix in one part apple cider vinegar with one part water (my best guess is one cup of each). Once you've shampooed, apply the mixture to scalp, massaging in. Do not rinse. Towel dry hair and let the mixture dry onto scalp. Rinse 8-10 hours later. You can also place undiluted apple cider vinegar onto scalp. Let it dry and rinse 2 hours later.

3. Massage coconut oil into scalp, shampoo, then rinse. Keep this up until the dandruff clears up. My instinct says this will cause really greasy hair, but some people swear by coconut oil. I suggest avoiding this if you have oily hair and trying something else. It might be great for people with dry hair.

I haven't tried any of the above remedies so I can't personally vouch for any of them, but I had to share them with you in case you want to try them and weigh in below.
pulling-hair-out.gif

sumitra

Ruler's of Penmai
Blogger
Dear Chitravenkat, hibiscus ( sembarathi) that too the hibiscus flower with single layer and its leaves are best remeady for this problem. One more lesson I learnt personally in this remedy. there are one more variety of hibiscus flower which has several layer in flower. that is not useful for this problem of dry hair. it created hair fall in my case. hence I suggest single layer hibiscus flower all the best. thanks

NivetaMohan

Guru's of Penmai
Penman of Penmai
Blogger
Thanks adhithi, i had try this so , i shared here,

vaishnav

Commander's of Penmai
Hai chithravekat,

Dry hair may also due to dandruff problem...so first make clear on that if so then make a dandruff treatment first...
If it isn't then it may be due to lack of moisture content in your hair...

so drink atleat 6 to 10 glasses of water..it will be good both for ur skin and hair..

Apply aleo vera(sottru kathaalai) before washing ur hair...you can drink it with milk..

Have more vegetables...avoid dieting

aplly coconut oil befor washing your hair...put it for atlest 30 mins in your hair..

Hope these ideas will help you

thank you niveta, sriramajayam, rudhra, sumitra and vaishnav. Thanks for all your suggestions, planning to try with chemparuthi leaves. since my mil also said that it works best for dry hair.

thank you sumitra for mentioning me about the otrai thazh chemparuthi.

NivetaMohan

Guru's of Penmai
Penman of Penmai
Blogger
you r welcome chitra....really it gives good result...try it

ramyas

Ruler's of Penmai
Penman of Penmai
Blogger
Using egg white also reduces dandruff and hair looks good. it is a natural protein which keeps our hair healthy. I tried this for dandruff. good one.

Apply the egg white in the scalp and in the hair and leave till it gets dried. then apply shampoo and rinse well. can use once a week to get good result.

Caution: take only egg white. dont mix yellow yolk as it gives a stringent odour.