feet swelling at 8months?

dears, i am now new tothis site, and 8 months pregnant now. for the past 2 weeks i have severe swelling in my legs.

is there is any home remedy for this. is this is common at this month.

nlakshmi

Minister's of Penmai
Hi tamilarasi...
Congrats on your pregnancy... It is common to get the swelling of feet after 8 months, as your baby is growing big and lots of water will retain in your body.. Urinate frequently, drink lots of water, drink barley water(boil barley in water and drink that water) or barley kanji water... as it will make you urinate more frequent..
keep your legs elevated like put you legs a little up when you sit in a chair(kaala neeti okkarunga..unga chair munnadi konjam same height stool pottu kaala athula thooki vachi okkarunga.. swelling konjam koraiyum...)

after 32-36 weeks if you see sudden swelling of feet,legs,hands, face.. appearing of white spots while you see something... then immediately check with your doctor.. they will check protein in your urine..and your bp.. it only occurs after 32 weeks or 36 weeks.Its a sudden raise of bp.. The term is called preeclampsia (high blood pressure). Your doctor will know and give you instructions about it.. and is very important.. dont be lethargic and do consult with doctor ASAP at your next doctor appointment..

Ranjumom

Friends's of Penmai
Blogger
Tamilarasi,

Congrats on your pregnancy.

As lakshmi said it is common in pregnancy after 32 weeks. Because baby is growing and the weight put to our leg. Keep two - three pillows and keep your leg up while sleeping. Swelling will reduce. Doc suggested this remedy. Drink lots of water.Be cool. Do walking. Dont stand for long time.

Do consult with doc, if you have symptoms as laskmi prescribed.

Wishing you happy and safe delivery

Reshmi V

Banned User
Hey tamilarasi, don't worry. I just delivered and swelling in the foot is a common thing among women during pregnancy. I would apply Parachute's advanced body lotion. It has mint extracts that kept my feet fresh and coconut reduced the swelling. You should also try it out.

nlakshmi

Minister's of Penmai
Hi Reshmi v, Congrats mommy!!! How are you and your little one:)
Hey tamilarasi, don't worry. I just delivered and swelling in the foot is a common thing among women during pregnancy. I would apply Parachute's advanced body lotion. It has mint extracts that kept my feet fresh and coconut reduced the swelling. You should also try it out.

Important Announcements!

Type in Tamil

Click here to go to Google transliteration page. Type there in Tamil and copy and paste it.