food for 1 1/2 year kid

what are all the food item i can give for a 11/2 year old kid. he loves to eat colorful items, but don't know what to give to him.

pls give me some colorful and healthy recipes.

ladies i need replies. pls help me.

i am living alone in a nuclear family so i can't get idea from others..

divyakannan

Friends's of Penmai
hi.

getting a child in a nuclear family is really tough.

viji you can almost give all the food that you eat. but let it be less spicy and semi-smashed..

nlakshmi

Minister's of Penmai
hi viji,
1.5 years can eat what ever we eat. but in a little mashed state... you can give him/her poori in pieces, idly in pieces, chappati in pieces. chappati spread with ghee and sugar in pieces, egg dosa ,egg whites and yolk. sambar rice, rasam, pappu buvva, thachimum, keerai sadham,finger foods like very soft murukku, if he can bite.. seedai... but sit with him while eating as it has choking hazard.Banana, apple in thin slices,grapes(again monitor),biscuits, cake,
but limit on sugars. kellogs fruit loops,chocos for healthy finger foods. fritters like vadai,bajji(potato, paneer) french fries, cheese singles(good source of calcium), milk with boost/horlicks/complan. From 1-2 years give him/her whole milk... 4.5%or 6% fat milk then after 2 you can cut down on fat...
They love pasta, spigetti, mac and cheese.

Hope it helps...

Important Announcements!

Type in Tamil

Click here to go to Google transliteration page. Type there in Tamil and copy and paste it.