foods that increase breast milk production

pls tell me the food items that increase milk production. i heard that taking boiled garlic will increase. but it didn't worked for me well.

Parasakthi

Ruler's of Penmai
Blogger
Hi Subha...

Here are some foods that helps to increase breast milk productions.

• Increase the intake of Garlic in your regular diet. Poondu Kulambu is a good recipe.
  • If you are a non-vegetarian, then you can take karuvadu recipe twice or thrice in a week.
  • Karuppatti & Vellam also very much helpful for increasing breast milk production.
Moderator's Note: This Article has been published in Penmai eMagazine January 2014. You Can download & Read the magazines HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:

chitramumbai

Commander's of Penmai
suba, what sakthi says is correct...garlic intake will increase your secretion... ..take daily ... with what ever vegetable you are taking as side dish ..mix four or five pieces .... . as it is.. it will work out.

take mother horlicks by 11 am....and 4 pm .....along with your regular diet ..etc.....even you can mix it with hot water....you will not like the smell.... bear it for your child...

if you like to take non-veg you can take mutton..but give suitable digestive additive to your baby...elder people know what to do...

i followed these things when i gave birth..it worked out well ...

Moderator's Note: This Article has been published in Penmai eMagazine January 2014. You Can download & Read the magazines HERE.

beula

Commander's of Penmai
Penman of Penmai
Blogger
Hi Subha,
You can try these what I am giving now ....get lactonic granules and mix 1 spoon in milk and drink it 4 times a day....

beula

Commander's of Penmai
Penman of Penmai
Blogger
If u r a non veg eater take sura puttu, ayilai meen, liver preparations....
in veg greens one variety,especially araikerrai and murungai keerai.....
avarakkai, tomato, sweet lime,badam, honey,brown rice, garlic boiled in milk, codliver oil tablet,egg, raisins, beetroot, & beans

In soups, veg soups / nonveg soups....not the ready cook ones....

Grains - groundnut, karamani, mochai & wheat

Porridge - health mix alone

Milk products - milk & curd
Dont keep fragrant flowers in your head....avoid coconut....all the best dear....take care of of u & the kid.....

Hi,

I am also breastfeeding currently for my 5 months old baby. In my experience I found that breakfast should never be skipped and increase the intake of Prawns they are really awesome for increasing breastmilk supply. And also a fish called salmon. Garlic didnt workout in my case also ... But these are really helping me out ... Try it

I am also sailing in the same boat.. My paediatrician suggested me to take mama's best with milk and prescribed me tab. Lactare. It helped a lot. Especially mama's best is very useful. Try..

Important Announcements!

Type in Tamil

Click here to go to Google transliteration page. Type there in Tamil and copy and paste it.