Here are some foods to avoid during pregnancy,
- Avoid too much drinks like coffee, tea, and strict no to coca colas and other drinks with caffeine. Too much caffeine may affect the growth of baby during pregnancy and at birth.
- Avoid too much sugar and foods containing sugars.
- Nutmeg spice in large quantity to pregnant women may result in miscarriage.
- Avoid high-mercury sea-foods such as fish, especially Swordfish, Shark, King Mackerel(Surmai in Marathi) and Tilefish. Raw fish and seafood may contain Listeria, a bacteria that can cause food poisoning and miscarriage or premature birth.
- Avoid Papaya, Pine apple, Grapes during Pregnancy
- Avoid unwashed Raw Fruits and Vegetables during pregnancy
- The most important advice for pregnant women is to avoid unwashed and unpasteurised vegetable and fruits during pregnancy.