Foods to avoid during pregnancy

sweetlalitha

Friends's of Penmai
A biggest confusion when you got pregnant for first time, what to eat and not eat!!!

Let's share here some of the foods that have to be avoided during pregnancy.

1. Don't eat spicy food
2. Fish containing high levels of an industrial pollutant should be avoided.
3. Caffeine consumption can put the pregnant woman to the risk of miscarriage and premature birth.
4. Raw eggs should not be eaten during pregnancy, because they contain Salmonella, a bacteria that causes food borne illness.
5. Consumption of alcoholic beverages causes host of health problems in the baby, including low body weight, learning disabilities, visual problems, deformed organs and other abnormalities.

Last edited:

sweetlalitha

Friends's of Penmai
Papaya during pregnancy

Many people got confused whether to eat papaya during pregnancy.

Papaya can cause miscarriage, it is partially true because Un-ripe papaya contains a white latex which can cause miscarriage.

However, there is nothing wrong with fully ripened Papaya.

But be carefull in choosing it.

Penmai

admin@penmai.com
Staff member
Administrator
yeah me too heared about unripe papaya cause miscarriage because it contains high concentration of latex that can cause uterine contractions which in turn cause a miscarriage.

If you search on this topic on the internet, you will find many contradicting opinions. But on the safer side it is best to avoid it.

radhika

Friends's of Penmai
I had logged in penmai in a right time i think. Thanks for the information of Foods to avoid during pregnancy.

Looking forward your all help to get through my journey of pregnancy. :)

cutegeetha

Friends's of Penmai
Also please add this to the list of foods to be avoided during pregnancy. Pineapple, horse gram, bamboo, Sugarcane, unboiled or half-boiled egg and bittergourd.

Having coffee or anything which contains caffeine as caffeine is not gud for pregnant women.
Even dont take too much cold drinks also......

radhika

Friends's of Penmai
very useful post thanks for sharing. Is drinking tea is also bad for health? and what about butter milk is it good or bad.

Important Announcements!

Type in Tamil

Click here to go to Google transliteration page. Type there in Tamil and copy and paste it.