green tea during pregnancy

is it safe to take green tea during pregnancy. my husband bought it yesterday to lose his weight i had tasted it a cup but after that i was much feared whether i can take green tea.

please reply me friends.. green tea kudikalaama pregnantaa irukkum pothu.

Prathyuksha

Guru's of Penmai
Penman of Penmai
Blogger
is it safe to take green tea during pregnancy. my husband bought it yesterday to lose his weight i had tasted it a cup but after that i was much feared whether i can take green tea.

please reply me friends.. green tea kudikalaama pregnantaa irukkum pothu.
Hi Sidhu,

First of all congratulations !!!!

Green tea contains caffeine - but a lil less caffeine than normal tea. During pregnancy it is advisable to consume less caffeine. So you should not drink a lot of green tea. One diluted cup a day will do no harm.

This is what I read in the internet "Keep to a limit of 200mg of caffeine a day, which is about three or four cups of green tea. This limit should include all sources of caffeine that you have, so count coffee, soft drinks, cola, energy drinks, and chocolate in your daily amount."

So don't worry for drinking one cup. But kannula pakuradhellam eduthu sapiduradha control pannunga Sidhu... ;)

(By the way, I am not yet married. So idhuku mela doubt ketutadheenga :p)

gkarti

Golden Ruler's of Penmai
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah Sindhu,, Its safe to drink green tea during pregnancy, as long as you drink in Moderation.. Green tea can prevent your body from absorbing iron. So it is good,Not to have it with your Meals.

Yup, Always go with Certified Brands & Check out Whether its Packed Properly! Once Opened, Kept it in a dry & Airtight Container.

Have a Happy & Healthy Pregnancy :) Cheers!!

jv_66

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Congrats for your pregnancy friend.

This is still a controversial question whether to drink green tea during pregnancy.

In most of the countries, the Green tea or any other herbal products are not recommended during pregnancy.

Complications may arise.

In a very few countries, they prefer to take.

But caffeine is not recommended.

For most of the people, drinking coffee or tea has become part and parcel of their life. They will not be able to avoid it as they would not feel fresh, if they don't drink this. so, the coffee or regular tea can be taken in very little quantity during Pregnancy.

But Green tea is not consumed for these purposes. Just for the sake of health, we consume the green tea.

So, to be on the safe side, the Green tea can be avoided. It is not a necessary to drink it.