Golden Ruler's of Penmai
- Sep 3, 2012
Before coloring the hair[/h]
- If the hair is double tongued, then before coloring the hair, get the trimming done on your hair first. The finishing on hair will come in better this way.
- Coloring is done on the damaged hair also. But such hair need spa more than anything else. From spa, massage and steam, shinning will come and its constitution would also be better.
- There needs to be some extra care taken to maintain the hair if the hair is to be colored, permed or straightened. Several chemicals are used in straightening and perming. If these techniques have been applied on hair, please refrain from bleaching your hair before coloring it.
- If the coloring is to be done, do not apply henna on hair. Henna will bring dryness in hair and color would come dark on hair. If you want to do the coloring after applying henna on hair, keep at least 4-5 months of interval in between the periods. Before coloring the hair, conduct the patch test so as to know whether the color is bringing some negative reaction on the skin? For this test the color by applying it on the reverse side of the elbow and leave it so for 15-20 minutes. Wash it afterwards. If you notice some allergy, don't use that color. Take the color of some other company and test it.
- If the skin of your scalp is sensitive and you are getting your hair colored in some saloon, tell this to the hair expert about this.
- If there is the growth of grains on the scalp, do the colouring after the grains ate cured off.
- Not using a quality product of a branded company for coloring might cause harm to the hair because chemicals are mixed in the colors in some form or the other. These chemicals open up the cuticles so that the color could reach to the cortex (the internal layers found in each strands of hair). This facilitates the color to be preset on hair for a longer period.
- Colors without chemicals fall faint after shampooing the hair only once. Repeated coloring of hair turns it dry, loses shine and elasticity. You might feel your hair rough at the time of coloring the hair for the first time round. Often due to this reason, hair turns baby and curly. Its health could be brought back to normal by the use of conditioner.