Commander's of Penmai
Registered User & Blogger
Registered User & Blogger
- Jun 2, 2012
Health Benefits of Amla
- Amla juice regulates bowel movements and helps cure constipation. Regular intake of amla juice helps rejuvenate and restore vitality.
- Ellagic acid, a type of tannin present in amla juice, is effective in fighting cancer-causing chemicals and aid in the death of cancer cells. Also, the abundance of anti-oxidants present in amla juice fights free radicals, which play a significant role in reducing cancer and chromosomal abjurations. Amla juice increase immunity.
- Amla juice has a significant therapeutic role in treating peptic ulcers and acidity.
- Amla juice is a natural anti-aging agent because of the presence of free radicals and other significant nutrients. Amla juice can fight nearsightedness and cataract as well. The iron content in the amla juice aids the red blood cell synthesis in the body.
- Taking amla juice in summer helps keep your body cool.
- Amla is a very good anti-hepatic, antioxidant, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, anti-mutagenic, anti-histaminic, nematicidal, anabolic, yeast inhibiting, anti-hyperhidrosis, anti-spasmodic, hypolipidemic, and hypotensive relieving properties.
- A research has found that amla juice if taken as a dietary supplement on a regular basis can help fight against the toxic effects of environmental heavy metals like lead, aluminum and nickel.
- If taken in empty stomach, it helps in treating indigestion problems. The laxative effect of the amla juice helps clear colon (a part of human intestine). It is a good fat burner too, and helps reduce weight.
- A few drops of amla juice can effectively cure nose bleeding.
- Daily intake of amla juice strengthens teeth and prevents bad breath.
- Amla juice mixed with bitter gourd is a potential liver cleanser. Also, it reduces blood sugar and thus, forms a good diet for diabetes patients. Gallic acid, another anti-oxidant tannin present in amla juice, is also effective in controlling diabetes.
- Amla juice is effective for treating respiratory illness.
- Amla, being able to fight the free radicals in the body, can be used effectively to reduce the harmful effect of cigarette smoking.
- The abundance of Vitamin C enhances the synthesis of collagen in the body. Collagen is an essential constituent of many important body structures like blood vessels, tendons, ligaments, and bones. Vitamin C aids synthesis of norepinephrine, a neurotransmitter that helps maintain brain function and mood.
- Amla juice contains superoxide dismutase (SOD), which is an important enzyme that fights free radicals. Also, it plays significant role in fighting arthritis, prostate problems, corneal ulcers, and inflammatory bowel disease as well as fortify the body against oxidative stress.