Commander's of Penmai
- Apr 26, 2012
- The World
Health benefits of Bitter gourd
- Bitter gourds are very low in calories but dense with precious nutrients.
- It is rich in iron, contains twice the beta-carotene of broccoli, twice the calcium of spinach, and twice the potassium of a banana.
- There is insulin-like compound known as polypeptide P which have been suggested as insulin replacement in some diabetic patients.
- It is also may be beneficial in the treatment of a hangover for its alcohol intoxication properties.
- It also helps cleanse and repair and nourish liver problems due to alcohol consumption