Health Benefits of Oats
- Oatmeal lowers your appetite; it is packed with complex carbohydrates and dietary fiber, thus, making you feel fuller for longer.
- atmeal reduces the serum cholesterol level, and wards off cardiovascular disorders. It can diminish levels of LDL or bad cholesterol and increase the level of HDL or good cholesterol.
- Oats are known to be packed with loads of anti oxidants, particularly lignans that stave of the development of cancer.
- A diet rich in oatmeal helps reduce the LDL cholesterol, which are considered bad for cardiac health without affecting HDL cholesterol and has been demonstrated to be as effective as cholesterol lowering medication.
- Oatmeal is an excellent source of low glycemic carbohydrates and helps maintain stable blood glucose levels.