Ruler's of Penmai
- May 24, 2010
Orange is the largest citrus crop in the world and probably the world’s most popular citrus fruit. It has long been known for its sweet taste and high nutritional value. Orange is either consumed fresh or as a juice.
Oranges are one of the richest sources of Vitamin C. The vitamin that helps in boosting our immunity to myriad diseases right from common cold to indigestion. Oranges are also one of the excellent sources of fiber. Fiber in orange can help in proper bowel movement and can also lead to weight loss.
- Orange also improves the absorption of iron in the blood stream. This helps in overcoming weakness related to anemia.
- Oranges also are rich in vitamin A ( beta carotene). Vitamin A helps in preserving and enhancing eye function.
- The pith and segment walls of orange contain bioflavonoids.
- Oranges are recommended for enhancing the glow and texture of skin. They can be eaten or even a orange paste applied on the skin.
- Oranges are also known to posses excellent anti cancer properties. This is due to large amount of poly phenols, vitamin C and vitamin A present in the oranges. These act os anti oxidants preventing cellular damage from free radicals.
- If you are serious about leading a healthy life, want to decrease your LDL cholesterol level and fight cough and cold don't miss your daily glass of orange juice. It will help your body flush out all the toxins and protect you from various diseases.