Ruler's of Penmai
- May 24, 2010
Papaya is a good source of
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Essential minerals
- Enzymes like arginine and carpain
- Natural fiber
- Papaya contains a high amount of potassium and the flesh of papaya is very high in Vitamin A.
- Papaya seeds and leaves are useful in treating intestinal worms found in the body.
- Papaya helps prevent constipation and also aid in digestion. Papaya contains the protein called papain which is a digestive enzyme that helps in natural digestion process.
- Papaya juice helps in alleviating infections of the colon by clearing away the infection, pus and mucus. Regular consumption will help in improving the problem.
- The skin of papaya is excellent for treating skin wounds and places that do not heal quickly.
- Papaya is low in calories and high in nutritive value hence it is an excellent food for those on a diet.
- Regularly consuming papaya helps to relieve morning sickness and nausea.
- Papaya has anti-inflammatory properties and anti-cancerous properties. The anti-inflammatory properties in papaya will help reduce pain for those suffering from arthritis, edema and osteoporosis.
- Papaya is very good for those who frequently suffer from cold, cough or flu because intake of papaya boosts the immune system. The high concentration of Vitamin C and Vitamin A contained in papaya is very beneficial to strengthen the immune system.
- Papaya is also very good for the hair and helps in controlling dandruff. Papaya shampoos are good for the hair and are available in many health stores.
- Raw papaya also helps in reducing menstrual irregularities for women. Papaya helps to ease the condition by promoting natural flow of menstruation.
- Papaya cleans the stomach and studies have shown that papaya alone eaten for 3 to 4 days has a highly beneficial tonic effect upon the stomach and intestines.