Ever wanted to make a tea that is both refreshing and has health benefits? This tea contains the benefits of anti-oxidants from green tea with the health benefits and warming effects of ginger.
Both green tea and ginger are called "superfoods" because they are bursting with antioxidants.
green tea and ginger may protect the body from many types of chronic disease.
- Both green tea and ginger contain polyphenols, plant-based chemicals that neutralize free radicals in the body. Free radicals are unstable molecules that damage bodily organs.
- Since both green tea and ginger neutralize high amounts of free radicals, they may significantly reduce one's risk of developing cancer.
Heart Disease Prevention
- Due to their antioxidants, both green tea and ginger protect against blood clots. They can remove the free radicals in fattening foods that lead to blood clot formation.
Health Benefits of Green Tea
- Green tea may help reduce gum disease because one of its polyphenols, catechin, prevents oral bacteria from forming plaque.
- Several studies show that ginger can alleviate motion sickness. One study recorded that ginger was more effective than medication in reducing motion sickness.