HELP: Unwanted Guests!

I am male in my late 20s. Me, my wife and our daughter just moved to Chennai after my wife got a nice job here. I have been staying home looking after our daughter and the house since the last one year. Since last month, my mother and sister in law have been here on a visit because of which i don't get any time for myself. My wife knows it but how do i explain it to them. They are always in the mood of eating something and don;t help me at all with the housework! How do i communicate it to them in a subtle way? Hoping for a reply soon!

yams

Commander's of Penmai
i Have a doubt whether its your mother or your wife's mother since you said sister-in-law as well

so if it is your mother i think its upto you to speak gently and explain it to her in a good time incase you are afraid of her

if it is your wife's mother and sister just explain it to her (to your wife) when you both are together talking in a friendly manner about the little inconvenience you are facing because of their regular visits or instead take your family to their home at times when you are actually free which may reduce their visits to your home..

things cannot be solved if you don't speak gently there are times at which you can open matters, so speak in the right time in the right way about your problems if you actually face a difficult one due to their regular visits

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Yamini, they are my mother in law and my sister in law. i can at least ask them in helping me with cleaning the house. But i just hope they don't 'complain' to my wife about it. Would hate to see her under any pressure after her office. But i think it is time for me to draw the line here.

sumitra

Ruler's of Penmai
Blogger
Dear sir, you cann't be good to everybody. Nothing will happen to wife at her office even if they complain to your wife. because for your wife there are much more talents to solve all these problems. tell your wife first. then take forward step to go according to Yamini madam and go ahead. dont get disheartened by these kind of intruders of your life. you should always bold enough to fight these hurdles by way of talking in nice way and make them to understand. go ahead as per Madam Yamini's advise. all the best. thanks