Help

Hi guys, my wife (1st time) 5 month pregnant. she want to know do's and dont's. I gathered some tips and if you knowing any suggestions and tips please post to me all time and we want to normal delivery not ceasarian. So, share to tips tamil or english.

Advance thanks friends.

Y Saravanabava.

priyasarangapan

Yuva's of Penmai
Saravana congrats for both of you ....

Wait for sometimes our sister jayanthy and sumitra will suggest all in detailed form....

Rudhraa

Commander's of Penmai
Hi saravana,
Welcome to Penmai.com!

Congrats! Hope your better half's pregnancy goes smoothly and your baby brings joy and happiness in your life.

[h=3]Pregnancy books in Tamil[/h]pregnant women common problems
[h=3]Ask your Pregnancy Questions Here...[/h]mantras to chant during pregnancy
[h=3]Foods to avoid during pregnancy[/h]Food Chart for Pregnant Women
[h=3]Indian Pregnancy Recipes[/h]books to read during pregnancy
[h=3]Tests And Scans During Pregnancy[/h]Ofcourse she can join here the Due Date Buddies Group and Share her journey!
[h=3]2014 Due Date Buddies- Meet Here!!![/h]

sumitra

Ruler's of Penmai
Blogger
Hi guys, my wife (1st time) 5 month pregnant. she want to know do's and dont's. I gathered some tips and if you knowing any suggestions and tips please post to me all time and we want to normal delivery not ceasarian. So, share to tips tamil or english.

Advance thanks friends.

Y Saravanabava.
Hi Sir, congratulations. Definitely your wife will have normal delivery only. We wish her a safe normal delivery to give birth to a healthy baby. Now let us come to the diet. Your wife should eat a balanced diet to meet the nutrients need of your baby. That doesn't mean that she has to eat more. Eating more food only make her prone to obesity, diabetes, high bp and gives you a very large baby. Hence she has to take extra protein, iron and calcium to her existing diet. Please follow your doctor's advise in this regard. For protein, include dhals, pulses, sprouts, eggs, meat, fish, milk and milk products.

Carbohydrates provides energy and fibre. Avoid refined sugar and flour. Stick to whole wheat (brown bread and flour) whole fruits and salads.

Fats : DHA and other essential fatty acids are important for the development of the fetal brain.

These are essential for ideal development of intelligence, learning and vision. Add flax seeds, walnuts, beans, tofu, olive and soyabean oil to your wife's diet

. Non-vegetarians can benefit from fish intake or cod liver oil capsules.

Iron:
Green leafy vegetables, beans and pulses, pomegranate, cherries, berries, litchi, pineapple, raisins, dates, figs and animal foods contain a good amount of iron. Vitamin C is essential for the absorption of iron - squeeze a lemon in your wife's meal

Calcium: You need more calcium to help your baby's developing bones,
teeth and essential bodily functions. Adequate calcium also prevents backaches and prepares you for breastfeeding. Consume milk and milk products in various forms, nuts, seeds, beans, green leafy vegetables and seafood.

Exercise: Feeling tired and gaining weight are normal during pregnancy
but exercise provides relief. Your wife should be active and be doing
exercise 30minutes daily which will reduce backache, constipation,
bloating, swelling, prevents or treats gestational diabetes,increases energy, improves mood and posture, promotes muscle tone, strength
and endurance, and helps your wife to sleep better. Regular activity
also improves ability to cope with labour pain and makes it easier for
your wife to get back in shape after giving birth. However, don'task her to exercise to lose weight when pregnant.

Always consult your doctor before starting the exercise program.

All the best. thank you !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulation to both of you.
Keep ur wife happy during her delivery time,this will make her muscles to relax and allow for normal delivery.
Another important thing is exercise. walking,walking and walking this is the best exercise.Can do good walking from 7th to 9th month,from 10th month onwards slow walking and very simple bending exercise.
Hope this will help u.
regards
anibhino