Home remedies for cold in kids?

Hai everybody...

I am a new one to this forum. Wen i am searching on some parenting guide, i got connected to this forum. It contains valuable parenting tips and solutions.

Now i am in need to get of some advice. My daughter is 1 year old, she is having cold for the past 15 days. I gave the syrup which was prescribed. But still now she didnt get well. still having cold and she is getting difficult breathing. I dont know what. Twice i visited a hospital. but nothing work out.

My neighbours saying to try some home remedies. they also suggested some methods like karpooravalli juice, and something with thoothuvalai podi.

But i never tried any method like this before. are these methods really workout? Shall i follow it? is there any other home remedies for getting relief from her cold?

Hope will get valid responses from you all!

Thank you!!!

jv_66

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Hi Lamin,

Welcome to Penmai.

Yes, what your neighbor is telling is correct. You can give Karpooravalli juice and thoodhuvalai podi.

Along with this, you can try these things also.

You can crush GARLIC, boil that with milk, along with turmeric powder and little pepper(ground). Let the milk shrink to half, then drain the liquid and you can give this daily till the cold subsides.

You can apply EUCALYPTUS OIL on the chest.

You can make a decoction of TULSI, PEPPER AND CLOVES and give this.

These home remedies will help to get rid of cold.

If the cold persists even after this, you may please consult a peadeitrician, and follow his suggestions.

sumathisrini

Silver Ruler's of Penmai
Staff member
Super Moderator
Last edited:
Hi jayanthi and sumathi thanks a lot for your immediate response. Let me try the remedies you suggested. thank you