Ruler's of Penmai
- May 24, 2010
- Dry the leaves of the holy basil and then crush them to a powder. Take a pinch of this powder in a tablespoon and add pure honey to it. Consume this mixture. Do this several times a day till you get relief from the cough.
- Gargling with warm water is considered to be a very effective remedy for cough relief. The action of the warm water helps in fomenting the inside of the throat. In order to increase the effect of the water, you could add some salt and have a salt water gargle.
- Extract the juice of a white onion . Take about 5 milliliters of this juice. Add to this twice the amount of honey . Now consume this juice slowly, letting it completely lubricate the inside of your throat. This works wonders when you are trying to get relief from your cough problem.
- A remedy using garlic and cloves is commonly used if the cough problem starts to get persistent. In this remedy, about two or three cloves of garlic are taken and some cloves are added to it. The mixture is then put in a glassful of milk. The milk is boiled. Boiling is continued until its volume becomes half of what was originally taken. This suspension is then filtered and sugar is added so that it becomes drinkable. The solution must be drunk when it is still piping hot. The procedure must be continued at least twice a day. The therapy can bring about excellent results if the person's cough shows no signs of going away.
- Another similar traditional remedy makes use of ginger and turmeric . A small piece of ginger (about half a centimeter in length) and a teaspoonful of turmeric are added to a glassful of milk. The milk is then boiled till it reduces to half its amount. This milk is supposed to be consumed at night, shortly before retiring to bed. The cough will be significantly improved in the morning.
- One western home remedy for treating cough uses almonds . The almonds are kept in water for the night and in the morning they are peeled. These are then made into a paste using traditional methods, such as a mortar and pestle. To this paste, sugar and butter are added. Each of these is added in the same amount as the almonds. The paste is supposed to be consumed twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening.
- If the cough has not gone to serious levels yet, hot water compresses on the chest area can help. This will help to dissolve the phlegm that is present in the chest area and help in clearing the passages.
- Black pepper seeds are used in various ways in the treatment of cough and in every way they show great results. One of the ways is to slightly chew on the pepper seeds and keep them in the mouth for some time, extracting their juices gradually. Another method is adding the seeds into a glassful of milk, warming it slightly and then consuming it when it is still slightly warm.