- Eat garlic regularly as it regulates sugar level.
- Bitter melon is wonderful herb in treating diabetes mellitus.
- The powder of seeds of Fenugreek (Methi) taken two to three times a day helps control the sugar in blood and urine.
- Indian gooseberry (nellikai), with its high vitamin C content, is considered precious in diabetes. A tablespoon of its juice, mixed with a cup of bitter gourd juice, taken daily for two months, will arouses the islets of Langerhans, that is, the isolated group of cells that secrete the hormone insulin in the pancreas. This mixture decreases the blood sugar in diabetes.
Eat tender curry leaves (fresh) twice a day to reduce sugar.
Diabetes Treatment and Advice
1. Do regular exercises and yoga
2. Lose weight
3. Eat fiber rich foods
4. Drink eight to ten glasses of water daily
5. Do not take alcohol, soft drinks, and sugary desserts
6. Avoid bare foot walking
7. Test urine regularly