Ruler's of Penmai
- May 24, 2010
- Drinking radish juice twice a day is a common remedy for piles. Start off with 1/4 th cup and gradually increase it to half a cup, twice a day.
- Soak three to four dried figs in water, overnight. Have these twice a day along with the water in which they have been soaked.
- Boil the peel of pomegranate in some water. Strain and drink this water twice a day.
- To reduce the pain felt due to piles, drink buttermilk to which rock salt, ginger and peppercorns has been added. Have this twice a day.
- To seek relief from bleeding due to piles, powder a teaspoon of mustard seeds and mix it with half a cup of goat's milk, adding a little sugar. Drink this early in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Powder dried mango seeds. Mix two teaspoons of this powder with a little honey and eat this twice a day.
- Mix one teaspoon of ginger and lime juice along with mint leaves and honey. Have this two to three times a day.
- To reduce pain due to piles, mix one ripe mashed banana in a cup of milk. Have this mixture three to four times a day.
- Jamblang better known as jambul fruit is effective in treating piles. This fruit is available during the summers, so make full use of their availability. Eat a handful of jambul with a little salt early in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Turnip better known as shalgam, is another useful remedy. Prepare a mixture of 50 ml each of carrot, spinach and turnip leaves juice.
- Add some juice of bittergourd or karela leaves mixed with some buttermilk. This should be taken every morning.
- Turmeric has antiseptic and healing properties. Therefore, eat a teaspoon of ground, fresh turmeric root.
- Application of coconut on the affected areas will give relief from the burning and itching.
- Prepare a mix of ground, black cumin seeds better known as shahjeera and cumin seeds. Add a teaspoon of this powder to a glass of water and drink once a day, preferably in the morning.
- Mix two tablespoons of honey to one grated raw onion. Have this twice a day.
- Boil a handful of sesame seeds or til, in 500 ml of water, till its reduced to one-third. Make a paste of this and add a teaspoon of butter. Eat this once a day.