Commander's of Penmai
- Apr 26, 2012
- The World
Certain conditions like swelling of throat and nasal passages, colds, sinus infections and lifestyle factors such as obesity, smoking and alcohol could trigger snoring. Children have the tendency to snore when they have enlarged tonsils and adenoids. Middle aged men are more prone to snoring than women. Some remedies for snoring,
- Sleeping on the side, by tucking a pillow into the back helps prevent snoring.
- Stick a nasal adhesive strip across the soft part of the nose, just above nostrils prior to bed time. The plastic bands that are embedded in the adhesive pad, helps in tightening and lifting the sides of nose, while also maintaining airflow while sleeping.
- Pour three to four drops of warm Brahmi ghee or plain ghee into each nostril in the morning and prior to bed time.
- If overweight, try to lose weight through regular walks or any such exercise, which helps an obese person to breathe easily.
Take care to go to bed at a scheduled time every day to get adequate sleep.
- Snorers should strictly avoid use of sleeping pills, sedative antihistamines or alcohol. Smoking should be strictly avoided, as it irritates the nasal and throat lining.