Golden Ruler's of Penmai
- Sep 3, 2012
PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) or PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease) is a condition prevalent with most women and interferes with their fertility during the reproductive years. The condition is defined by the presence of small fluid filled cysts present in one or both of the ovaries. These cysts interfere with the normal functioning of the ovaries and give rise to some unpleasant and unhealthy signs to deal with in women.
Some of the common symptoms of PCOD/PCOS are irregular menstruation like prolonged periods or absence of the same, excess hair growth on the face, acne, obesity and a host of other symptoms. With this problem, no two women would be suffering from the same symptoms. Also one suffering from the condition might not see all the possible symptoms at a time.
Usually with PCOD/PCOS, one resorts to the conventional form of treatment with allopathic medicine and surgery. But homeopathy has also worked for many.
How does homeopathy help?
- To begin with, homeopathy may not promise a complete cure of the problem. But the approach of the treatment is holistic and can assist in preventing any further deterioration of health due to the problem. Homeopathic remedies work on correcting hormonal imbalances, regularizing ovulation, restoring menstrual normalcy. Some proponents of homeopathy also claim that it helps in dissolving the cysts to eliminate the need for hormone therapy and surgery that promise complete cure from the condition.
- Due to PCOD/PCOS, there is a hormonal surge in the body that leads to symptom aggravation in women. Homeopathy with its subtle approach works to keep the hormone in check so that the other symptoms can be controlled effectively. But still a cure with the therapy is a far fetched promise.
- In homeopathy no two women would be suggested to take the same medication. This is because every woman with PCOD/PCOS has a specific set of problems which need an individualistic approach.
- But homeopathy remedies alone wouldn't go long to give one relief. Stress management, weight control, corrective lifestyle habits along with the drugs can be of considerable help.
- Remember that homeopathy can also work as a secondary treatment while one is treated with conventional medications to treat PCOD. They can help keep the side effects of the conventional medications at bay.
- With homeopathy when the hormonal imbalances can be kept in check, it can also help to treat infertility in women who are planning a pregnancy.