Silver Ruler's of Penmai
- Jun 28, 2011
Blood donation is very important which every person should do. It not only helps those who get but also the donor, it helps our body to regenerate new blood in circulation. O –ve person blood is very rare and so it is necessary to donate blood. Before one attempts to donate blood, he needs to know the blood group. It is classified as four major types as A, B, AB, O. they are both positive and negative.
Checklist before donating blood:
1) You need to be eligible to donate blood, the person must be healthy, fit, no cold, cough and other disease. Must have not consumed alcohol, must be crossed at least 18 ages, at least 50kg weight.
2) Never donate blood after any surgery or dental work.
Prior to donating blood:
1) Drink fresh fruit juice and plenty of water that day when you plan to donate blood. Don’t come with empty stomach, to make the blood sugar level balanced, so eat before 3 hours and come.
2) If the hospital asks for blood donor card, then you must have it. It is just to tell your blood group and other identification.
At the time of donation:
1) There must be a gap between your previous blood donation time and now, at least 3-4 months gap. So check the hemoglobin level.
2) Don’t get nervous, it’s just a needle. To avoid pain, hold your fingers tight and close it, pain will not be felt. Cover yourself with blanket or else you may feel the chillness in feet.
1) Rest for 5-20 minutes and have something to eat protein content food and drink water or juice. You may faint sometime so avoid driving.
2) Don’t do heavy work like lifting things. Avoid alcohol for 10 hours. In case of any sickness contact a doctor.
1) To get boosted before donating, drink milk and calcium food.
2) After donating, drink orange juice, it helps in good circulation.
- Malvika Sampat