how to increase breast milk ?

my son is now 3 months old. i am feeding him only breastmilk but now i cant since he is getting hunger again and again? how can i increase breast milk. i tried eating garlic but it doesn't show any improvements.

Hi Swathi,
Happy motherhood! Please look at the other links Sumitra has given. Also talk to your doctor (gynec). Each individual is different. General advice for the mom is to keep calm and keep drinking a lot of nutritious fluids such as fresh fruit juice, ragimalt like stuff, buttermilk and water also. Mom also needs to eat proper nutritious food, not fatty/sweet items, but foods high in protein (legumes and nuts), good carbohydrates and veggies. Talk to your mom/aunts/grandparents too. I think our older generation did something right to feed the babies for almost a year. They did not have all these fancy baby foods then :) Good Luck!

jv_66

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator

kiruthividhya

Friends's of Penmai
அரிசியுடன்,வெந்தயத்தை சேர்த்து கஞ்சியாக்கி காய்ச்சி உண்டு வந்தால் தாய்ப்பால் சுரக்கும்.

Important Announcements!

Type in Tamil

Click here to go to Google transliteration page. Type there in Tamil and copy and paste it.