How to make my littel girl drink milk everyday?

Uma rajesh

Friends's of Penmai
Hi Friends,

I have a 3 year old kid... she hates milk... it is very tough to give her milk everyday.. i even change the flavour of the health drink every 3 months.. even then she hates milk :( Pls give me some ideas to make her drink milk everyday ..

sumitra

Ruler's of Penmai
Blogger
Hi Uma Rajesh, first you set example yourself. In front of your daughter, if you drink coffee and give milk only to your daughter how she will take! Children are very fond of repeating the things done by their parents! Hence in your house, make all of you drink milk only including the daddy, mummy, grand mother, grand father and whom so ever available! In front of your daughter they should praise the taste of milk and drink milk only. Then she will slowly attracted towards milk and start drink milk on her own. This method I adopted in my house and got succeeded. You can also try. All the best. thank you!

Moderator's Note: This Article has been published in Penmai eMagazine July 2014. You Can download & Read the magazines HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:

jv_66

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi Uma,

Some children doesn't like to drink milk.

You can encourage her to drink milk by telling that, she could have strong bones and teeth if only she is drinking milk and it's products.

Tell her that she could play all the games, study well, have lengthy hair, could see properly, bite everything very well if she is drinking milk and other healthy foods.

You can tell her that if milk is not taken, then if she is biting any hard things, her teeth would be affected and it may pain.

Give examples of the elders like you.

Each and everytime, she drinks milk, you can praise her as GOOD GIRL.

You can give her milk in different attractive glasses with different shapes.

Even after telling these, if she is reluctant to drink milk, then you can try the following

Soak the Cereals like Kellogs, Corn-flakes with different shapes, in plain milk. After few minutes, remove the extra milk from the bowl (due to which she may object to eat).

You can make Oats porridge with milk without adding water (instead of water, use milk), add some sugar or honey in it and give it in solid form.

You can make ragi porridge with milk (instead of water), and give it in solid form , along with sugar.

You can mix the milk with natural fruit juices and give her.

By these way, the milk will could be included in her diet which will be healthy.

Does drinking milk affect her in any way? I am asking this, because, very few children may be Lactose Intolerant , for whom the intake of milk will not be digested and they might have loose motions or some allergy like rashes, due to drinking milk. They have to be tested for this. If nothing like this happens, then you need not worry about this. Proceed with the above suggestions.

Moderator's Note: This Article has been published in Penmai eMagazine July 2014. You Can download & Read the magazines HERE.

sumi anand

Friends's of Penmai
Hi Friends,

I have a 3 year old kid... she hates milk... it is very tough to give her milk everyday.. i even change the flavour of the health drink every 3 months.. even then she hates milk :( Pls give me some ideas to make her drink milk everyday ..
Hi Uma,
I have a suggestion for you.mix the elaichi powder with sugar and it becomes elaichi flavour.Then add it with milk.Your daughter may like this flavoured milk.I hope it may help you...

PriyagauthamH

Guru's of Penmai
Blogger
Hi Uma Rajesh , Our friends have suggested wonderful tips ....

As Jaya ka has mentioned just make sure she is lactose tolerant ....

Do try Soy milk , Rice milk ,Almond milk .... This are alternatives to dairy milk used for lactose intolerant people .... Their nutritional values differ... Also if child has nut allergy cant give almond milk ...So research before giving these ....

If she likes Yoghurt /Curd then you can instead encourage her to consume the same ... either plainly or as lassi , or fruit yoghurts ....

Try giving cheese ,paneer etc .... These are all milk products only ....

Home made milkshakes with fresh fruits , Home made ice creams with fresh fruits , Home made custard with fruits etc are also other ways to give milk ....
Just be wary of added sugars ....

Do not focus on drinking milk alone ...If you do so she may be put off totally ... Instead try and give it to her in other forms or hidden in foods that she consumes .......

Good luck .......

Uma rajesh

Friends's of Penmai
Thank u so much jayanthi mam :) Sure i ll definitely try out d other methods too... No she is not allergic to milk.. so no problem :) thank u very much for ur help :)

Uma rajesh

Friends's of Penmai
Thank u so much Priya mam :) she likes yogurt and panner.... So i ll try to give her some flavored curd and lassies :)

Uma rajesh

Friends's of Penmai
Thank u so much friends for give me lot of ideas....... now i have various options for milk :) Thank u all my penmai friends :)