Golden Ruler's of Penmai
- Sep 3, 2012
For centuries in India, a facial mask made with turmeric was applied to a bride's face before the wedding to make her skin radiant. Turmeric is also used to help cure acne, lighten and brighten the skin and fight age spots. It is fairly simple to make your own turmeric facial mask, using ingredients that are readily available. If it used weekly, this mask should produce positive results.
Things You'll Need
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1. Clean your face and neck thoroughly with warm water. Remove all cosmetics, make-up and lotions. If necessary, use a gentle soap. Pat your skin dry when finished.
2. Mix ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder into a small amount of coconut oil. Stir this until you form a smooth paste.
3. Apply the turmeric paste onto your face and neck. Gently smooth it on, starting at the forehead. Make sure to keep the mixture away from your eyes.
4. Lie down and rest for 20 minutes. Use this time to banish stressful thoughts from your mind and relax. You may wish to listen to music, but either way, try to make this time uninterrupted.
5. Wash off the mask with warm water. Once your face is clean, splash it with cold water to close the pores. Gently dry it with a clean towel.
6. Apply a moisturizer to your face. The moisturizer will help your skin to continue to absorb the turmeric.
This Article has been published in Penmai eMagazine Jan 2013. You Can download & Read the magazines HERE.