Indian Weddings - Gift Ideas

Rudhraa

Commander's of Penmai
Now- a- days, It is very common for the people to offer gift for the couples on their wedding day. Tradition forms that a gift must be bought on the special day of Wedding.

The worth of your gift is fully up to your budget, your relationship with, and affection for, the couple. But whatever your understanding or bond with them, you want one thing: a wedding gift that is cherished. Some of the people feel their friends, relative’s presence and blessings are the precious gift for them. That depends on the people.

How ever in a modern world, you can’t go the marriage with empty handed and you should be confused what to get for the couple on this special day…

Lets we discuss here about the gift ideas for wedding. Friends, come forward to share your wedding gift ideas here… This will be helpful for our readers.

wedding-gift-ideas-for-girls.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rudhraa

Commander's of Penmai
There is a Book name "Romance Ragasiyam" (from Aval Vikadan or kumudham snehidhi i don't know correct) but it was an ideal book for wedding gift. The title only looks like romance, but all the points given in the book was 100% perfect.

Absolutely gorgeous collection of gifts.Thanks for share

I prefer for jewellery gifts everyone.

:thumbsup

I think it is perfect:preggers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Really very nice thread. We can also give photo booklet in which you can include some best memorable clicks.

I think diamond jewelries are very nice wedding gift..I always prefer jewelries as gifts for my wife.

Last edited:
I believe in giving gifts that are useful to them. Giving flowers on marriage is a worst gift. You can choose jewellery, watch, etc. as a gift for them.

PriyagauthamH

Guru's of Penmai
Blogger
Hi Rudhra, nice thread ma.....

wedding gifts are special and as you said blessings is what many newly weds wish ....

It would be nice if we have the culture of wedding gift list.... This helps avoid unnecessary repeating of same gift items... This will of course apply for very near and dear family and friends....

A nice album of both the bride and groom from childhood with their respective families or if there are video recording will make a good gift....

If they are setting up their own home any home essentials .... That's why you need a gift list so family and friends can discuss their budget and buy the needed home essentials... So you don't end up having 2 mixes and 3 coffee makers.....

sponsoring a charity..... Of the newly weds choice .... This gives a lot of happiness and satisfaction to not jus the newly weds but also to the people who are benefitting by such a gesture... Pls avoid bulk food offers though ... So many charities need other bare essentials from simple note books to even slippers... Ithu mukkiyama poonkothukalai parisalikkum anbargalukku neenga Athil podum 200 or 300 rubai ai or cheque ai avargal thernthedutha charity ku kodukallam...

Also neraya per no gifts entertained nu wedding invitation la print pannuvanga but Namma anbu sutrathar athai kandukamma at least oru poon kothu kudu kallam nu oru sila kalyanamgalil my goodness malai malai yai ippadi sernthu vidam ... Atharku bathil avangale card la if you still wish to present pls contribute to the following charity nu podallam....

Plants- good quality but native plants from reputed nurseries ( pls ensure they have space to grow them) ... This will be nice... Newly weds onna plant panrathu, watering and looking after it .... Sweet experience.....

many years ago we friends made a special CD collection for our friend ... It was categorised as songs she enjoys , we have all enjoyed together during college trips and culturals.... Depicting various moods etc ... She loved it .... Brought back lovely memories..... So she said ....

Lingere kodukallam for the bride.....

well sisters or brothers honey moon sponsor pannalam....

last but not least jewellery of any kind and form ....

His and Hers watches is also popular ....

Anything handcrafted keeping in mind the bride and / or groom will make it extra spl ... It shows you have thought about them ... Draw panna therinja vanga pencil sketch la runthu tanjore painting varayum ethu Venna pannalam...