is olive reduces the skin colour

hi.i am a mother of 2 months baby, at the time of birth his colour was pinkish and he is very fair..after a week his colour came down.. now we are using olive oil for body massage.. but i cant find any change in the color ... can u plz tell which oil can give fairness to my son.

deepa bala

Guru's of Penmai
Hi Sudha,

Usually, babies wil be pinkish at the time of birth and they'l change colour now and then... Only around 5 months u can c their original colour... I've heard olive oil is good for massage... Personally, I used only Johnson's baby oil for massage... After bath,avoid too much use of Johnsons powder.. Instead try Jonsons lotion or cream

Sometimes we also put ghee for massaging...

hi deepa. thanks for your reply pa. first i uses johnsons baby oil only but that not suits for my child. my sister told me to use olive oil and then i used to it pa.

deepa bala

Guru's of Penmai
Oh! then its ok! I've heard lot of people saying that after putting olive oil their baby's color became darker... So, how abt Almond oil? Try that if it suits ur baby...

Also some of my friends rub their baby's body with bread soaked in milk... They say it wil giv good complexion..

hi sudha,

one of my friend told to apply ghee before bathing and give bath with payatha mavu(green gram powder)... it will increase the color... if u want try this...

for improving colour complexion :
soak some badam overnight,grind it soft to make milk,apply on baby"s body. regular use will increase complexion