Golden Ruler's of Penmai
- Sep 3, 2012
What is a kidney stone??
The kidney stones arise due to the crystals, which separate from the urine in the urinary tract. Normally urine contains various kinds of chemicals, which do not allow the crystals to become rigid.
If these chemicals stop their function, this leads to the formation of stones in the urinary tract. Normally these crystals are very small in size and float in the urinary tract.
Types of kidney stones
1. Calcium oxalate stones
This is a very common type of kidney stones. The increase in intake of calcium leads to the calcium kidney stones. It has also been seen that if calcium level decreases in the body, this also leads to kidney stones.
If the calcium level decreases in the body, the amount of oxalate in the blood vessels increases to absorb the calcium, then this oxalate excretes out from the body through urine. Calcium plays an important role in binding the oxalates present in the body, thus due to deficiency of calcium, oxalate stones are formed.
2. Calcium phosphate stones
This is a very rare kind of stone occurring in the body. This is related to hyperparathyroidism and renal tubular acidosis. This kind of stone is large as compared to other stones formed in the body and it is very rigid, thus this may damage the kidney.
3. Uric acid stones
When the urine becomes very much acidic or the level of uric acid increases in the urine/blood then uric acid stones are formed. This occurs due to high intake of animal protein and purine. High level of uric acid in blood leads to rheumatism and metabolic disorders.
4. Struvite kidney stones
This kind of stones is related to urinary tract infection. The number of women and children is more as compared to the men who suffer from this problem.
5. Cystine stones
This is a hereditary problem, whose main cause is cystine. Cystine is a kind of amino acid which plays an important role in protein synthesis. When cystine starts leaking out from the kidney and passes in the urine, cystine stones are formed.
Causes of kidney stone:
- Due to some substance, if the urine happens to tough; then the small particles get together to create stone in the kidney. The symptoms are much unseen until it grows and makes pain while urine and nearby areas.
- Doctors also prescribe kidney stone as a hereditary disease; caused by renal tubular acidosis.
- Kidney stone also caused due to high intake of Vitamin D and calcium in the diet, which blocks the urinary tract.
- Persons gone through intestinal bypass surgery, have chances of kidney stone very commonly.
Symptoms of kidney stones
1. Pain in the lower side of the belly, back pain or pain below the ribs.
2. The pain exists for about 20-60 minutes and the pain increases and decreases frequently.
3. Blood comes in the urine and there is a foul smell in urine.
4. Pain in excreting out the urine.
5. Nausea and vomiting.
6. The urge to urinate frequently.
7. Fever and cold.
- Complete medication and treatment for pain control and complete urine passage facility,
- Diagnosis under oasis x-ray sonography,
- In severe cases, if urine doesn't pass through then surgical steps such as lithotripsy can be used.
Preferred Diets - http://www.penmai.com/forums/healthy-nutritive-foods/60422-diet-kidney-stones.html