Silver Ruler's of Penmai
- Jun 28, 2011
The kitchen is such a dangerous room for young children. The following tips can be followed to safe guard them.
- Keep spices out of children's reach. Many are toxic.
- Secure all knobs and handles.
- Keep aluminum foil, waxed paper, and plastic wrap dispensers away from children. The serrated edges on the boxes can cut little fingers.
- Install safety latches on all cabinets and cupboards with contents that could pose risks to children.
- Dish washing detergent should only be poured immediately before you wash dishes. A swallow full of detergent is a hazardous and deadly snack.
- Do not use small refrigerator magnets that your baby could choke on or swallow.
- Keep a fire extinguisher in your kitchen.
- Keep all sharp utensils, wastebaskets, and household cleaning products in a latched drawer or cabinet.