Commander's of Penmai
- Oct 12, 2017
- 250 grams Vendakkai / Ladies Finger
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Urad dal
- ½ teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 2 medium sized Onions
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Sambar Powder
- Wash and clean the Vendakkai / Ladies finger. Cut off the corners and chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan until its hot. Add in the urad dal, mustard seeds and the curry leaves. Wait for the mustrad seeds to splutter and the dal to turn slightly brown. Add in the chopped onions and saute the onions in medium flame till the onions are soft and translucent. It will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the Vendakkai / Ladies finger. Add in the salt, turmeric and sambar powder. To know more about sambar powder visit here. Reduce the flame to low. Sauteing in low flame will avoid the mixture from scorching on the bottom of the pan. Saute once in a while every 3-4 minutes and let the mixture cook for 15-20 minutes until the onions and ladies finger are nicely roasted and they are completely dry.
- Remove from heat. Serve hot with rice.