manna health mix during pregnancy

Is manna health mix is good to eat during pregnancy? I am in uk i like to have some healthy foods or snacks during pregnancy. please help me friends.

Instead of Manna try SANJEEVINI,a product from Isha Foundation, it is very good for health too.even Pregnan women with Diabetic can also take this..u can order online from Isha website..

GayathriArun

Friends's of Penmai
Is manna health mix is good to eat during pregnancy? I am in uk i like to have some healthy foods or snacks during pregnancy. please help me friends.

Manna health mix is a combination of cereals, pulses and nuts with added nutrients. You can get your daily protein and vitamin and prevent nutritional deficiencies. It's all in one health food for all ages. It is in powdered form and 100% vegetarian. It says, naturally balanced with essential amino acids. This product is HACCP approved ( Hazard analysis and critical control points). It is processed using advanced technology.

The ingredients of this products are Ragi, Bajra, Maize, Jowar, Wheat, Fried gram, Rice, Green gram, Barley, Soya bean, Sago, cashewnut, Badam and Cardamom. It contains carbohydrates and vitamin sources like Ragi, Bajra, Maize, Jowar, Wheat, Rice, Barley. The protein sources in this drink are Fried gram, soya bean, Green gram. Saturated fat in this product are Badam and Cashew nuts. It has the flavour of cardamom.

This product claims to contain no artificial colours or preservatives.

The Instructions on this package says to make porridge. You can also try some different varieties like adding few spoons in roti flour. You can also use it in soups or like thickening agents in sauces and incorporate it in your everyday cooking. It is tasting great and very healthy too.
It is the wholesome nutritious food for all ages.
I have tried it with my son, his school bus comes at 6:50 in the morning and he is a fussy eater, so i bought it from India and tried it once. He liked the taste and had it everyday before school and said that he feels full until his break time at 10:30.

I recommend you to have this because it is a complete meal.

Moderator Note:

This Article has been published in Penmai eMagazine May 2013. You Can download & Read the magazines
HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:

sumitra

Ruler's of Penmai
Blogger
Dear Shyamala,

Health Mix is the combination of all the essential nutrients in one meal, Manna Health Mix is the ideal family porridge. Manna Health Mix, a Perfect blend of cereals, pulses and nuts is best suited for today’s health-conscious consumers. It is an excellent source of high quality proteins and Vitamins that helps in preventing various nutrient deficiency disorders. Manna Health Mix promotes overall health of the family.

If you want to prepare the health mix at home, you can yourself prepare by using the ingredients mentioned in the Manna Health Mix packet. Prepare your self a small quantity and have a try. If taste and other things suits you and enough time is there with you prepare yourself at home. If no time available for you go for buying the product. that's all. all the best. thanks

Moderator Note:

This Article has been published in Penmai eMagazine May 2013. You Can download & Read the magazines
HERE.

sumitra

Ruler's of Penmai
Blogger
Dear Shyamala, our penmai forum itself has got a nice article written by our Penmai Ilavarasi which I reproduce here to enable you to prepare home made health mix saththu maavu and enjoy the healthy homemade saththu maavu ganji. Grains & Grams: 250 gms each
Millet (Kambu)
Finger Millet (Kelvaragu)
Green Gram (Pachai Payaru)
Chickpea (Kondakadalai)
Urad (Ulundu)
Corn seeds (Cholam)
Peanut (Kadalai)
Wheat (Kodhumai)
Roast splited Chickpeas (Pottukadalai)

Poppy seeds (Kasakasa) -100 gms
Cardamom (Elakkai) - 2 nos
Almond (Badam) - 10 nos
Cashew (Mundhiri) - 10 nos

Powder:
Soak all the grams and grain in water, drain the water and dry it completely.
Fry all the ingredients lightly.
Grind everything to nice powder.

Method:
Boil water and mix it with 1 or 2 tsp of powder, sugar and milk.
Cook them for few mts till it is semi solid, if you want liquid, add some more milk.

Read more: http://www.penmai.com/forums/snacks...vu-nutritious-flour-powder.html#ixzz2IEMyhxwr

Moderator Note:

HERE.

Instead of Manna try SANJEEVINI,a product from Isha Foundation, it is very good for health too.even Pregnan women with Diabetic can also take this..u can order online from Isha website..
hi suba thanks for your reply. i am new to this.. can i get here in UK?

thank you gayathri and sumitra. thanks for both of your detailed reply. going to add up in my daily routines. thanks for giving the benefits too.

happy to get true and caring replies here. thanks a lot friends.

Hi Shyamalas or any Friends on this site,

Can you please tell me If I can buy Manna Health Mix powdered in UK ?
I'm looking for that in almost all Asian shops and I don't find the same. Can you please help ? Appreciate your help in advance.

PriyagauthamH

Guru's of Penmai
Blogger
Hi Shyamalas or any Friends on this site,

Can you please tell me If I can buy Manna Health Mix powdered in UK ?
I'm looking for that in almost all Asian shops and I don't find the same. Can you please help ? Appreciate your help in advance.
Hi Shalom 1980, have you tried shops in eastham? or you can request your local tamil shop to get it from india for you ... I don't use this product and can't remember seeing it ...

If you are pregnant instead of using prepowdered brand product you can gring your own... Tamil shops sell kelviragu... Hope this helps ...