Marriage education really matters if you want to enjoy a strong and loving partnership. What are the types of skills for communication in marriage that couples need in their toolkit?
- Apology skills to be able to heal after they have stumbled into upsetting miscommunications, mistaken actions and other mishaps.
- Exit and re-entry routines for cooling down to prevent anger from escalating into hurtful fighting.
- Skills for disagreeing in an agreeable manner.
- To know how to infuse their interactions with positive energy,
- To be able to listen responsively to each other’s concerns
- To be able to keep their dialogue flowing collaboratively
- Shared decision-making skills lest they polarize into arguments, make decisions that leave one partner the winner and the other the loser, or find themselves unable to move from conflict to mutually satisfying plans of action.