marrying in blood relations

friends i am here to ask you all a suggestion. my parents are searching alliance for me, my maternal uncles son is interested in me and i too like him since we are known from my childhood days. Now his parents are approaching to my parents for marriage. My doubt is i heared that marrying in relationship will cause some problems in childrens. is this is true? I am so much confused. I have a sibbling with mental disability, doctors are saying its because of the marriage within relations. I don't want to put my life and also a little one's life in trouble please advice me.

sgr37

Friends's of Penmai
Hi aabhakaran,
What your doctors are advising seems to be right! In my family alos in maternal side a couple (brothers daught adn sisters son married) has 3 daughters. First and third is mentally retarded, downsyndrome girls. In paternal side same case of downsyndrom girl lived for 22 years and passed away. The girl was child of close relation marriage. But her sister who was normal again married her aunts son got downsyndrome baby.
From my views it is better if avoidable!

Guruji

Minister's of Penmai
Blogger
Hi sister

There is no clear views on any specific research on these issues...
Vedic system is very clear to go ahead with marriages with relations, which were followed from time immemorial....If there is such down syndrome in some few minor cases, which may be due to hereditary issues, or due to karma, one cannot blame on the rituals or the methods which followed from yester years...

Moreover, if there is an liking within the relations, there is no need of going for other's opinion to get through, but according to systems and traditional methods, one can follow their own methods to get married with the one who is being liked or vice-versa.

One cannot get a disabled children of their own.. Its all due to the timing of conception and according to one's one karma. Its not only due to getting married due to relations...

Hope this makes some sense...

Regards
Guruji