MIL and SIL saying things to daughter

Hi friends, I'd like to thank you all for your suggestions on my earlier posts. My MIL and SIL have lately started saying bad things about me to my daughter as i now ignore their phone calls. They would call almost everyday to talk to my wife and then with an excuse of talking my our daughter they would say their bitchy (pardon my language) remarks to her and make her communicate them to me.
So my daughter would complain about my cooking or ask me questions like 'why do I think that MIL and SIL are bad'. I shared this with my wife and she is by my side but still says that she can't stop my MIL her mother from talking to our daughter. This is frustrating. Sorry for venting!​

nlakshmi

Minister's of Penmai
Hey sahil,
Please do avoid "languages" in the public forum.
Coming to your query,
This is the next step. Its clearly shown that your MIL and SIL are not normal persons. They will surely make something to make their power over your family. Moreover, they are getting pleasure in teasing you. Since your wife is the breadwinner, they have no respect over you. But you are the husband. They are doing everthing in their power to make you a "dummy piece"(sorry for the reality check).
Kids are like clay. You can mould in all the shapes... You have a biggest responsibility since you are spending a lot of time with your kid. The dont know what is wrong and right. Its your duty to tell her what is right and wrong, what can be said to elders, how the kid should share everything with you or your wife. . you can answer all her redirected questions in a positive way so that next time, if your MIL and SIL asks and talks anything cunning to your kid, she will give an answer even its kiddish but some favourable answer for you. if she asks why the food is not good , then answer , "it is important to eat healthy with less oil. ask her favourite food and make her and say it , its only for you special.". when she asks why he thinks of them bad, say it like, what makes her think of this question? and take it from there from your answer. Never talk about your MIL and SIL with your wife in front of the kid. Even your kid is asleep, dont talk or argue in the same room. Kids are shrewd that you think and understands a lot than you think. When they use your kid to tease you, you must understand It has to be you who should protect the kid. Your wife should be firm int his matter, that they should not play games with the kid. Ofcourse you cannot stop from talking to the Granddaughter,but you can restrict.

Talk to your kid. Teach your kid how to respect. Teach your kid to share everything to you. Eventhough you are a homemaker, you should take control of your family and never let anything spoil your family.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply and sorry for the 'language'. I totally agree with you and that's what i do - i always explain to my daughter and tell her what is the right thing. I was about to tell wife about MIL and SIL but now I don't. But do you think I should directly confront MIL and SIL and tell them thatwhat they are doing is bad? I think that would start unneccesary argument then.
Hey sahil,
Please do avoid "languages" in the public forum.
Coming to your query,
This is the next step. Its clearly shown that your MIL and SIL are not normal persons. They will surely make something to make their power over your family. Moreover, they are getting pleasure in teasing you. Since your wife is the breadwinner, they have no respect over you. But you are the husband. They are doing everthing in their power to make you a "dummy piece"(sorry for the reality check).
Kids are like clay. You can mould in all the shapes... You have a biggest responsibility since you are spending a lot of time with your kid. The dont know what is wrong and right. Its your duty to tell her what is right and wrong, what can be said to elders, how the kid should share everything with you or your wife. . you can answer all her redirected questions in a positive way so that next time, if your MIL and SIL asks and talks anything cunning to your kid, she will give an answer even its kiddish but some favourable answer for you. if she asks why the food is not good , then answer , "it is important to eat healthy with less oil. ask her favourite food and make her and say it , its only for you special.". when she asks why he thinks of them bad, say it like, what makes her think of this question? and take it from there from your answer. Never talk about your MIL and SIL with your wife in front of the kid. Even your kid is asleep, dont talk or argue in the same room. Kids are shrewd that you think and understands a lot than you think. When they use your kid to tease you, you must understand It has to be you who should protect the kid. Your wife should be firm int his matter, that they should not play games with the kid. Ofcourse you cannot stop from talking to the Granddaughter,but you can restrict.

Talk to your kid. Teach your kid how to respect. Teach your kid to share everything to you. Eventhough you are a homemaker, you should take control of your family and never let anything spoil your family.

nlakshmi

Minister's of Penmai
you can confront to them while your wife is with you. Never tell anything without your wife's presence and with your daughter's presence. The earlier they may start a big issue out of this. and the later, your kid will be mentally depressed.

GayathriArun

Friends's of Penmai
I think your wife must get involved in this issue. Your wife should stand strong on your side and tell her mom and sister to avoid these kind of rubbish which bothers you as well as your daughter. Your wife must give priority to you and your child rather than her mom and sister. Talk to her and make her understand your views.

I hate those people who just try to interfere in other 's life. I don't know what they just try to do. They couldn't make their own life happy that's why they do these things.