mother in law complaining about my cooking?

i am not so much well in cooking but do cooking to my best. my mil always complaining about my cooking that i am not doing it well. what can i do? she is complaining to all our relatives . it was much shame to me infront of them.

sumitra

Ruler's of Penmai
Blogger
Hi Shammee, welcome to penmai.com! please don't worry about these things. MILs are like that only. Have patience and tolerance. Try to bear the comments! Thank you!

jv_66

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Welcome to Penmai...Shammee.

Please don't worry for this dear.

This happens in most of the families.

What you should do is,

You ask you MIL to teach all the cooking. You tell her that you will learn everything from her and soon become an expert under her guidance.

You may also tell her, that her cooking is simply superb in taste and you also want to follow her footsteps.

Also you may tell her, that you are not well versed in cooking and the way of cooking and the tastes surely differs from one family to another. And you may learn the taste of cooking of your husband's family from her.

She will be pleased by these words.

And follow this strictly. Very soon your MIL will praise you in front of everyone.

All the best.

Last edited:

sathya88

Citizen's of Penmai
there are many cooking books and websites are available which presents recipes with step by step in detail. so give surprise to your mil with the new recipes. also ask for her cooking tips. just be with her in kitchen to learn her cooking style. also make her to be with you while you cook and get her guidance for the recipes.