Yuva's of Penmai
Penman of Penmai
- Jan 12, 2013
- You have all the muscle fiber you will ever have at birth. Once damaged they can't be replaced.
- Muscles account for approximately 40% of your body weight.
- Your hand contains 20 different muscles.
- If all your muscles could pull in one direction you could create a force of 25 tons!
- You take approximately 5 million steps per year using your leg muscles!
- No matter how much you exercise you can not increase the number of muscle cells you have. By getting bigger, via strength training, you are simply increasing the size of each muscle cell.
- The largest muscle is the Gluteus Maximus, the muscles of the buttocks.
- The tongue is the only muscle attached at only one end and very strong for its size.
- The smallest muscle is the Stapedius. Located in your ear, it is thinner than a cotton thread.
- We need 72 muscles to speak.
- A pound of muscle burns 75-100 calories each day simply by "being".
- The most frequently used facial expression is a smile and it takes about 5 to 53 muscles.
- The muscle that lets your eye blink is the fastest muscle in your body. It allows you to blink 5 times a second.