Silver Ruler's of Penmai
- Jun 28, 2011
Here are some basic medicines for new baby. Of course, always consult your child's pediatrician before administering any medication.
- Triple antibiotic ointment - This topical cream can be applied to scratches, cuts, or abrasions to prevent infection.
- Diaper rash cream - Look for a product that contains zinc oxide, which is best for soothing irritated skin.
- Hydrocortisone cream This anti-inflammatory salve is sold in pharmacies in 1/2- or 1-percent strengths. Both are mild enough for infants and are used mainly for eczema (a red, scaly rash); dry, itchy skin; or to treat bug bites.
- Gripe water, anti-gas drops, or other gas or colic remedy.
- Baby-safe sunscreen lotion.
- Baby-safe insect repellent.
- Baby shampoo or baby wash.
- Baby moisturizing cream.
- Saline nose drops or spray and a bulb syringe (also known as a nasal aspirator) for clearing your baby's stuffy nose.