my cousin's kid is eating paper

friends, need solutions. my cousin's son is now in LKG, whenever he is alone, he is eating paper. If her mom or any of us saw he pretends to act. how do we get him to stop eating paper?

umaravi2011

Minister's of Penmai
Hi sakthi

Well paper in itself is not bad it is the ink that could be poisonous, he could also choke on it if it gets stuck in his throat. If he has swallowed a little this time round he should just pass it in his next motion

And it is sounds like some form of pica which is a craving for non-edible things.
Take him to a pediatrician to see if he is deficient in some kind of vitamin or mineral to cause him to want to eat paper

beula

Commander's of Penmai
Penman of Penmai
Blogger
hi sakthi,
its usual that the kids will eat chalk and paper.to avoid that give foods contains more iron in it.. if this habit continues he will get anemia.. loose motion as well and the ink will spoil the kids apetite..

beula

Commander's of Penmai
Penman of Penmai
Blogger
take a dead insect which he hates the most in a paper and keep it in front of his eyes.. let him go and pick it up to eat.. with an aversion, he ll leave it.. try this...

Preethi4u

Friends's of Penmai
Hi Sakthi,

dates, raisins (ular thiratchai), all leafy vegetables(keerai) and grains like corn,ragi, bajra(kambu i think)..and mutton liver, egg,fish and chicken...these are high iron rich foods.

Oh thanks again preethi. I ask my cousin to give him these foods pa. He is not eating veggies and non veg items preethi. how can we make him to eat non veg items.

Hi Sakthi,

dates, raisins (ular thiratchai), all leafy vegetables(keerai) and grains like corn,ragi, bajra(kambu i think)..and mutton liver, egg,fish and chicken...these are high iron rich foods.

Preethi4u

Friends's of Penmai
Sakthi, //He is not eating veggies and non veg items preethi.// every mom have this complaint on their kids...
we usually fine chop the veggies and make friend rice so that the veggie will go in...for leafy veggies soup is the best option(in my place). you can try that....you can also try boiling veggies like carrot,beetroot,broccoli and give it to them, let them pick and eat....but make sure some elder should keep an eye on them.

non-veg we don't make separate for kids, we usually serve from our curry only. initially we started with leg pieces which was easy for them to hold and eat...of course for infants mash it and you feed them up.

ovvorutharukkum ovvoru mathiri experience. silar ethanai vayasu varai NV koduka koodathunu solluvanga..enga vetla 7th month la irunthae fish slowly start panniduvom....normally sea foods are allergic...so you have to be cautious and much attentive to check for symptoms.

Last edited:

Parasakthi

Ruler's of Penmai
Blogger
Oh thanks again preethi. I ask my cousin to give him these foods pa. He is not eating veggies and non veg items preethi. how can we make him to eat non veg items.
Hi sakthi,

My sister's are given "Uppu Kari" first to their kids.... Antha taste pidichathum, avangale non veg nalla saptu palakitanga..

Oil la Mustard seed, curry leaves, Ginger Garlic paste pottu vathakki, then chicken pottu nalla fry pannitu, thevaikku uppu, konjam water serthu nalla vega vachu kulanthaingaluku kodukalam... taste romba nalla irukum. kulanthaingalukum romba pidikum virumbi sappiduvanga.

Antha Curry thanniya eduthu sathathoda kalanthum kodukkalam...

naanga intha mari than non veg food akka kulanthaikaluku introduce panninanum. try panni parunga