my parents not giving assets to me?

i have 2 brothers and i am the only daughter to my parents. all are married. my parents both of them are good. but when it comes to the asset matter, they splited only as two parts to my brothers. they didn't gave any thing to me.

though i am not interested, my inlaws are asking about this. because when my inlaws splited their asset they gave everthing equal to all. what can i do? how can i approach to my parents regarding this? or how can i make my parents cool in this.

sumathisrini

Silver Ruler's of Penmai
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi Vaseek,

Welcome to 'Penmai'.

In splitting the assets, your parents may think that they have given enough (in the name of 'Seer', like jewels, silver vessels, etc.) to you during your marriage. Hope this satisfy them and they make their mindset to give remaining assets to their 2 sons. So you pls. compare the assets which your parents have given to you on your wedding time.

Last edited:

jv_66

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Welcome to Penmai friend.

I think, your parents would have written the WILL to distribute the assets to their sons, only after their demise.

Yes....as Sumathi has said, they would have thought that the amount of seer given to you will be enough for you.

Actually, according to the law, even the daughter has the rights in the ancestral assets. if it is your father's assets, he can write it to anybody to whom he wishes.

If they are splitting the assets only among the sons, they need to get your NO-OBJECTION signature in the WILL.

Now, since your in-laws are keen on your share of the assets, you can estimate all the seers given by your parents on all occasions.

Apart from this, you can ask for the rest of the equal money /asset from your parents. Explain them softly that your in-laws are keen on it and you have no other go than to demand for it.

Important Announcements!

Latest Posts

Type in Tamil

Click here to go to Google transliteration page. Type there in Tamil and copy and paste it.