My share in my mom's property

I had made love marriage before 10 years and now settled in Japan. I have a brother and sister both are elder to me.

My mom died before 3 years, as per her wish she likes to give her jewels to her daughters and my fathers properties to my brother.

But my sister and brother is avoiding me in including the share. How can i make that i too have rights in that share. pls help me. i don't want to spoil any relations but i need my rights.

sumitra

Ruler's of Penmai
Blogger
Please leave it madam. You have settled in Japan. What are you going to do with the ancestor's property? Dont make an issue on this. If the people are giving on their own take it. but if claim your rights, and demand, you may get it. but they will curse you. anyway I hope you are leading a happy and peaceful life in Japan. Be content and forget it.

thanks for your reply sumitra.

I am very much pet to my mom. its like her last wish, so only i asked. besides i don't want all the things out of her 125 soveigns, but i need atleast one gram from it, in memory of her.

Preethi4u

Friends's of Penmai
Hi Sharmi,

Legally you have all the rights to get your share on your mom's property. But as sumitra said, i would also suggest not to take any legal steps. because they are already not in good terms with you bcoz of your marriage.
Pay them a visit and make them understand that you just want a piece of mom's gold. which you will save it in memory of her. Tell them it's very precious to you.

Also explain them that you got married against their wish but it doesn't mean that you don't love them anymore.

As they are elders to you,they will understand you well.

Mom's saree/gold or anything of hers will give us a feel that mom is with us. she is just standing next to us. But in case if they deny. Just leave it. You can see your mom in day to day life in everything and everywhere. Her blessing will be always there for you. Take care.

umaravi2011

Minister's of Penmai
Hi Sharmi

You have every right to stake the claim.

I can understand the sentiment behind your thoughts

Moms materials are always close to the heart of all daughters

As a remembrance and mark of respect you should collect your portion and
preserve it with you .

The best option is to directly talking to your siblings in India if it is not possible
then you may request one of your close relative to initiate the discussion.

I am sure that your brother and sister will come forward for a discussion as they must be aware about your legal rights.

Once they come to the discussion table i am sure that you will be able to pull
out your share.

All the best